[haiku-development] Re: Optional Library Package

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:30:19 +0200

scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once it's gotten a bit more testing I was hoping to add this as an
> optionalpackage.  Would there be any objections to that?

Yes, but only a bit. A package like this is pretty much unmaintainable
IMO - it should be broken down to the single packages, and then a meta
package should be created that depends on them all. However, some
packages (like dl, openssl) point to broken ports (both are available
in a Haiku installation, anyway, the former is even part of libroot.
so).

Besides that, I think we're abusing the optional package mechanism,
anyway, so it probably doesn't matter anymore what stuff we add there.
It's just a sign that we really should get our real packagement
solution implemented.

Bye,
   Axel.