[haiku-development] OpenSSL inclusion in image

  • From: Pier Luigi Fiorini <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:55:38 +0200

Hi,
during IM Kit porting I noticed that the Haiku source tree doesn't have OpenSSL. I am wondering why it hasn't been included just like other libraries like FreeType, it's available only as optional package but it makes impossible to build gtalk and msn protocol add-ons from 3rdparty.
Is there a reson why OpenSSL cannot be compiled building a Haiku image?

Thanks.

--
"It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."
-- Steve Jobs, BusinessWeek, May 25 1998