[haiku-development] Re: OpenSSL

On 2008-04-24 at 21:47:22 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
> And while we're at it, I also heard that GPL v2 and earlier require to
> distribute full sources;

"If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering
access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent
access to copy the source code from the same place counts as
distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not
compelled to copy the source along with the object code."

So it will be easiest to add the source packages for download, too.
Alternative we could choose option 3 b):

"   b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,"

:-)

CU, Ingo