[haiku-development] OpenSSH / BSD libedit histedit.h shenanigans

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 09:38:46 -0500

Good morning,

The libedit package provides /boot/system/headers/histedit.h
We provide http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/headers/compatibility/bsd/histedit.h

The bsd one is wrapped in _BSD_SOURCE

OpenSSH picks up the bsd/histedit.h and the build fails as _BSD_SOURCE isn't defined.

Do we want to:
A) Add CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_BSD_SOURCE" to the openssh recipe?
B) Drop bsd/histedit.h to make sure libedit is used?

A seems a lot easier, but i'm not sure if it is the "correct" way to go. If we went
A, is libedit even a dependency anymore? (I guess we provide our own libedit somewhere?)

I've tested A as working.

-- Alex