[haiku-development] Re: Old image

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:14:47 +0000

2009/4/15 Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> David McPaul wrote:
>>
>> On 2009-04-16, Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Evidently the image I found at ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/haiku was
>>> ancient,
>>> despite having a date of 13 April 2009. I unpacked it to find that it was
>>> from about 2005. :(
>>>
>>> Got around the slow copy between drives problem eventually by zipping the
>>> sources, copying that, and unzipping again. It saved about 6 hours.
>>
>> Can you give more details about your system?
>>
>> Have a look at ideinfo and idestatus.  I wonder if DMA is on for you.
>>
>> I just recently moved my development across to haiku on a EeePC.  It
>> is a single drive and I zipped the sources from my BeOS machine,
>> ftp'ed to the Haiku machine and unzipped.
>>
>> Unzipping took about 30mins or so.
>>
>> It was interesting how the machine worked while it was unzipping
>> though.  Lots of CPU followed by a long pause (presumably IO).  While
>> IO was going on the system was unresponsive.
>>
> ~> ideinfo /dev/disk/ata/0/master/raw
> Model Number:     WDC WD80EB-28CGH1
> Serial Number:    WD-WMA9N1650914
> Firmware Version: 24.84G24
>
> Capacity: 7.5 GB
> LBA supported: yes
>
> DMA supported: yes
> DMA mode: 0x00
> READ/WRITE DMA QUEUED: not supported
>
> Write Cache: supported
> Look Ahead: supported
> Bus Release IRQ: not supported
> Service start transfer IRQ: not supported
> NOP: not supported
> FLUSH CACHE: not supported
> FLUSH CACHE EXT: not supported
>
> CFA features: not supported
> Removable: no
> Removable Media State Notification features: not supported
>
> Microcode download: supported
> S.M.A.R.T: supported
> Power Management: supported
>
> ~> idestatus /dev/disk/ata/0/master/raw
> dma_status: dma enabled
> pio mode: 0
> dma mode: 0x00

Interestingly my details are similar

Mount           Type      Total     Free     Flags   Device
--------------- -------- --------- --------- ------- --------------------------
/boot           bfs           4.0G    846.2M QAM-P-W /dev/disk/ata/0/master/3
~> ideinfo /dev/disk/ata/0/master/3
Model Number:     ST980811AS
Serial Number:                5LYANH7P
Firmware Version: 3.ALC

Capacity: 74.5 GB
LBA supported: yes

DMA supported: yes
DMA mode: 0x00
READ/WRITE DMA QUEUED: not supported

Write Cache: supported
Look Ahead: supported
Bus Release IRQ: not supported
Service start transfer IRQ: not supported
NOP: not supported
FLUSH CACHE: supported
FLUSH CACHE EXT: supported

CFA features: not supported
Removable: no
Removable Media State Notification features: not supported

Microcode download: supported
S.M.A.R.T: supported
Power Management: supported

~> idestatus /dev/disk/ata/0/master/3\

dma_status: dma enabled
pio mode: 0
dma mode: 0x00
~>

I wonder if the dma mode is being reported correctly.

--
Cheers
David