[haiku-development] Re: Old image

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:08:59 +0000

Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:
2009/4/15 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Synchronizing the disk really shouldn't take some seconds, and does not
take a noticeably amount of time on any hardware I own (I really doubt
that's the issue the Eee is suffering from). Furthermore, executing the
sychronize should not freeze your system at all (only disk accesses).

If it's a SSD it's probably the controller on the SSD that is the
problem. The JMicron controller is known to freeze for several seconds
when writing under certain conditions.

Most SSD's except Intel's and OCZ's new Vertex has similar problems.

SATA Flash? Sheesh, nonono. We're talking about real old whirling disks here. :)

Rob