[haiku-development] [OT] Computer Employer Index

  • From: Michael David Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:16:34 -0700

Ladies and Germs,

You might find this helpful:

The Global Computer Employer Index
http://www.warplife.com/jobs/computer/

While my goal is for this to be truly global, I have a long ways to
go. I'm planning a crowdfunding campaign which should enable me to
work on it full-time, as well as to hire a web designer. I don't know
yet when I will initiate the campaign, as I am advised preparation is
essential.

The site does not presently work well on mobile devices; use a
conventional computer.

I presently have listings for telecommute and remote work as well as:

- Germany
Berlin
- United Kingdom
London
- United States
-- California
San Francisco, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo
-- Massachusetts
Boston
-- Oregon
Portland, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Tualatin,
Clackamas, Lake Oswego, Tigard
-- Washington
Seattle, Vancouver

The Santa Cruz page explains how and why I started building this in
1997. I decided to work towards global coverage about a year and a
half ago. In the long run I want to cover other industries, not just
technology.

I was building this entirely by hand at first but recently I've been
coding some automated tools. I have many more links in a bunch of
LibreOffice spreadsheets, but their info is as yet incomplete, for
example I have homepages but not yet the "Careers" or "Contact" links.

Do not be dismayed if your company is not listed; mail me your
homepage off-list.

There is no charge for this service nor will there ever be.

Stir and Enjoy,

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford, Consulting Software Engineer
mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx

Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.