[haiku-development] Re: OSS implementation

François Revol wrote:
François,

Yesterday I tried to access the OSS interface while working on the PortAudio package, but kept getting errors using ioctl calls to the OSS API. Is the original API still exposed, or was it rewritten entirely for efficiency in talking to the BeOS sound interface.

http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/headers/private/media/soundcard.h
You are not supposed to use it, the header is not public and not meant to be.

Ah, I already have that. It needed a lot of stuff commented out to compile under GCC2.

Having access to your patches against the OSS 4.1 sources might help, if they are available.

The 4.1 sources already contain the Haiku port.

Nice, thanks!

Robert