[haiku-development] Re: OS & WebKit builds

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 23:59:22 +0200

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:08:55 +1000, David McPaul wrote
> 2009/6/2 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:
>> On 2009-06-02 at 14:40:47 [+0200], David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Unexpected General exception in kernel :-(
>>
>> That should at least yield a stack trace. Please also add information on
>> how you can reproduce the bug. Since I've used the tool a lot and have
>> never encountered the problem, you must do something special. :-)
>
> USB keyboard/mouse :-(.  Most crashes I can use them but not this one.

This should still work. Though it seems that you need a "regular" trip to KDL
for the necessary info the get set first. Meaning that you should enter the
kernel debugger once through F12. Then just leave again using "continue". The
next time you enter KDL the keyboard should be available normally, even if it
was not through F12. When working on something possibly crashy I usually just
enter KDL quickly after boot to make sure it'll work.

Regards
Michael