[haiku-development] Re: New project: Address book and calendar app

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:16:57 -0700

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 22:57 +0200, François Revol wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > My name is Philippe Saint-Pierre and I'm want to do a useful
> > application for once.. ;-)
> >
> > So, I want to create a new address book/calendar/todo list app (no
> > email client! I will launch BeAM or Mail gladly from my app tho)
>
> Hmm we already have a contact managment app (People), that is using
> Tracker for searching and browsing. You'll likely want to stick to the
> People file format for interoperability.
> The IM Kit also uses People files:
> http://beosimkit.sourceforge.net/
>
> You could first try to add an export menu to People, or even better, a
> vCard-People translator...

This could be a good starting point:

http://www.bebits.com/app/2884

Sources are available.

> You might want to try using files for events as well, and use indexed
> attributes, but it might not scale very well...

Using files with attributes would be nice, but is there a standard set
of attributes for event files that all apps can comply with (and thus
avoid different apps using different attributes for the same purpose)?

Cheers,

Koki