[haiku-development] New BMediaRecorder class

  • From: Hamish Morrison <hamishm53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 21:14:17 +0000

Hi all,

Barrett has implemented a BMediaRecorder class to replace the current
private SoundConsumer class. It is a recording counterpart to
BSoundPlayer, so you hook it up to a media node and it delivers buffers
of data to a callback function you provide.

Barrett's patch and a few fixes by me are attached to #8911 here:
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8911

Does anyone have any thoughts on making this API public? I've included
virtual slots and padding in the class. It'd be nice to have people use
instead of leaving it to languish in private/media. :)

Cheers,
Hamish