[haiku-development] Network preferences

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:49:17 +0100

Hi there,

I had a look at the new Network preferences application in order to fix a few UI glitches.

I'm a bit surprised by its design, to say the least: it seems to use add-ons for no good reason, or in other words, the add-on interface is so badly designed that it doesn't really make any sense.

You want to add an add-on to configure your service? Nah, that's not possible. You want to add an add-on to configure your new network protocol, well, that's not possible either. The only thing you can do is to add just another tab to the list on the left. That's not really of much use, though.

Anyway, I've started to redesign it.

Also, which route do we want to go with add-on directory names? Should it be "add-ons/Network Settings/" or "add-ons/network_settings/"?

Bye,
   Axel.