[haiku-development] Re: Need some help with cmake on haiku

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:55:59 -0700

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:03 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The latest on CMake is that it now builds on Haiku, but is failing a
> few of the test cases.  They have checked my Haiku patches into their
> CVS as we continue to look for fixes for the failed test cases.  I
> will be doing another build tonight and will post the updated test
> results on the HaikuPorts portlog page.
> If you are curious and would like to try hacking on it yourself, the
> cvs version can be checked out here:
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html#cvs
> HaikuPorts port log page:
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-util/cmake
> Note that the CVS version will have a new version number which I will
> post up on the site soon.
> -scottmc

With Haiku ticket #2763 fixed (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2763)
CMake CVS should be done to just failing 2 or 3 tests.  We think the
other failing tests "have to do with spaces in the path not working
like other bash shell implementations".  I'll look through those tests
in the next couple days here and see if I can make a simple test case
and if it's a Haiku bug I'll post a ticket and sample program for it
as well.
I'll know later tonight if the fix for 2763 fixes the failed tests as
I expect it should.  Bill has already applied a handful of haiku
specific patches in CMake's CVS, so hopefully when CMake 2.7 is
released it'll just work on Haiku.  Thanks Ingo for the speedy fix.
-scottmc