[haiku-development] Re: Native u-boot haiku support

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:00:57 +0000

5 mars 2015 04:45 "kallisti5" <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
> Anyone feeling up to adding to these patches for native Haiku support in
> u-boot? :-D
>
> https://gist.github.com/kallisti5/6e186b8b5abb0489925f
>
> Here are the actual patch files in-case Gist messes something up...
>
> Add Haiku support to u-boot:
> http://www.unixzen.com/patchwork/uboot-haiku.diff
>
> Add matching start_haiku to Haiku:
> http://www.unixzen.com/patchwork/uboot-start_haiku.diff
>
> -- Alexander von Gluck IV

Is there an use for that? Why is using start_linux or start_netbsd (as we did
until now) not acceptable?
It is better to reuse existing code in u-boot, because we don't need to patch
and rebuild the u-boot for each platform. For example our beaglebone port
downloads a pre-built u-boot and puts it on the SD card.

--
Adrien.