[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:41:41 +0100

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 01:08:47PM +0100, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> >I was chastised for adding a Time preferences link in Deskbar
> >preferences before, so this kind of "linking" solution is discouraged.
>
> I don't recall this occasion nor the reasoning brought up. IMO the
> linking should be avoided, if there's a better alternative. So far I
> haven't seen a better alternative, though.

IIRC the argument was that it's the first step towards something like
Windows network preferences : lots and lots of separate windows for
something that should be as simple as our network preferences or maybe
slightly more complex.

I believe windows has this time > locale link as well ? (not saying that
makes it good or bad for tha reason, but maybe it implies they didn't
find a better way either)

--
Adrien.