[haiku-development] Re: Moving clock options to Time Preferences

  • From: Dancsà RÃbert <dancso.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:53:29 +0100

Hello

Unfortunatelly I am not a developer for Haiku, but I think this can be the best way.

dsjonny

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Axel DÃrfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The right click menu option is certainly a good idea, and makes it pretty unimportant where exactly the settings are placed. I'm still all for a
logical solution, though :-)

I think the most logical thing to do now is decouple the time widget
from Deskbar and make it a replicant. This solves so many problems:

1) No more worries about where to put the settings, this can just have
its own settings.
2) Unlike the current Deskbar time, it could in theory be replaced by
a third party (and likely more advanced) clock replicant (as Humdinger
alludes to.)
3) If someone wants to use some other Deskbar replacement, they could
still use the standard time replicant as long as the Deskbar
replacement has a replicant shelf.
4) It is the BeOS way.

Frankly I think Deskbar handles too many things and the more we pull
out, the better. Beyond this I want the Twitcher taken out of Deskbar
as well.

If no one else is motivated I would probably enjoy this project.