[haiku-development] Re: Mounted Volumes

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:28:13 +0200

2008/8/20 Duane Ryan <bailey.d.r@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm not sure I really agree about the menu thing. It takes up place
> and looks less pretty, and the leaf is unique enough on the system so
> that people will remember what it means. Also, Microsoft already
> dumped the start menu; let's not backtrack, shall we?

remembers me that the first version of windows 95 had a "click here to
start" label bouncing in the taskbar with an arrow pointing to the
start menu. Something alike may be a good idea, but not very easy to
integrate in Haiku's deskbar.
So, let's just put that in the user guide when we have one :)

After all, KDE also use the "K" menu without any extra text, wich
looks fine to me. The "application" menu in xfce doesn't have any
text, either.