[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:41:29 -0400

On 4/20/08, Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I actually consider the creation
> of those trash directories highly annoying, as they happen without user
> consent. USB sticks, USB hard drives, they all get the trash directory.

Yes anything like that tends to annoy me too, though I have not used
any USB sticks or drives with BeOS or Haiku yet.

> Would it be feasable to have this as an option? A little checkbox in
> Tracker's preferences that allows you to turn this creation off (with the
> inevitable consequence that files on these volumes are deleted immediately)?

I would like that too, and it should certainly be feasable. Especially
for USB sticks, as I certainly don't want files I meant to delete just
sitting around consuming space in a trash directory.

Ryan