[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

> Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't know if haiku differs, but BeOS created the /home
> folder even
> > on empty partitions (without OS), thats annoing, too.
>
> Tracker does that in order to have a trash directory (which
> happens to be under home/Desktop/Trash). Of course, we could
> delay the creation of that directory until someone finally
> moves something in there, but I would actually prefer a
> different solution (like having different trash directories
> for non-home volumes).

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I actually consider the creation
of those trash directories highly annoying, as they happen without user
consent. USB sticks, USB hard drives, they all get the trash directory.

Would it be feasable to have this as an option? A little checkbox in
Tracker's preferences that allows you to turn this creation off (with the
inevitable consequence that files on these volumes are deleted immediately)?

Thom