[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:32:51 -0700

You know, there was once someone, who lead the entire Haiku project, who is no longer with us... and he warned of something... "feature creep", if I remember correctly. He said we should make sure the OS is stable and ready and get it out, before adding in too many "extras".

I see a comment like "lets put more folders into home", as just one such form of "feature creep". Unless it truly advances Haiku towards it's goal of Alpha status sooner, it needs to be put on the back burner, consideration-wise.

Let us not try to make Haiku similar to MacOS X (or some other OS like it)... let us make Haiku everything BeOS was and better!

Which makes me then wonder... just, exactly, why did he leave, anyways? Does anyone know?

Luposian

On Apr 20, 2008, at 5:51 AM, Gabriele Biffi wrote:

I suggest to put more folders into home, like most OSs have nowadays: Documents, Pictures, Movies, Music, Downloads. We already have Mail, so this makes sense. And a lot of people keep their stuff organized this way.

We need icons for these, too.

Regards,

Gabriele