[haiku-development] Re: More folders in home

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:45:24 +0200 CEST

"Thom Holwerda" <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be feasable to have this as an option? A little checkbox in
> Tracker's preferences that allows you to turn this creation off (with
> the
> inevitable consequence that files on these volumes are deleted
> immediately)?

I wouldn't like that solution - I would rather have a common practice
for BFS, and eventually a lazy question ("trash does not exist, should
I create it?") for other file systems. Better yet, reuse whatever other
operating systems left on that file system; they usually put a trash
directory, there, too (even though it's often hidden).

Bye,
   Axel.