[haiku-development] Re: More encodings support in Terminal ( related to hrev43252 - src/apps/terminal)

On 13.11.2011 14:28, Siarzhuk Zharski wrote:
Are the UCS-2 and UTF-16 support has any sense in our Terminal? I can
imagine people accessing Windows Telnet in DOS cp437/cp866 encodings but
what about UCS-2? The chcp 65001 changes code page to UTF-8 and looks
like the standard way to get multi-byte support in Windows console and
remote sessions. Should we implement it at all?

I'm not sure what your question is. I don't think UCS-2 or UTF-16 support makes sense in Terminal if that was it.

The "Text Encoding" entry in preferences file looks like rudimentary and
is not affected by any operation in current version of Terminal. How it
should be implemented at all? What do you think?

What is its purpose?

Bye,
   Axel.