[haiku-development] Re: Modular Edit View Development

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:28:30 +0100

Hi,

Am 20.03.2012 15:15, schrieb amanjot singh:
And im new to all this deelopment thing and GSoC too, so i mean, how and
where do i start?

I am guessing you mean you are new to developing for/under Haiku? Your best starting points are probably http://www.haiku-os.org/guides and http://www.haiku-os.org/development.

If you mean you are new to coding in general, I am not sure if GSoC would be a good program for you to participate in. I think in practice is does require a decent amount of coding skills to be successful. As you can see on our ideas page, pretty much everything says development skills are required. Other participating organizations mostly also require coding skills and test it for example by requiring patches to be submitted (as does Haiku).

Best regards,
-Stephan