[haiku-development] Re: Minimize button

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>,
> ... I got used to double-click to
> minimize, I could get used to a minimize button. Changing the window bar
> would be an uphill battle because it is one of the "holy cows" of Haiku that
> shall not be altered without great trepidation.

"Holy cow" is also an exclamation. As in "Holy cow! <SHIFT><Mouse>
lets you move the window tab!"  ... without any visible apparatus.

As you say, no choice will suit everyone.  The object is to reflect
the spirit and style of the OS, so that people who are drawn to that
kind of environment will like everything about it.  What is that spirit
and style?  Many of you have thought more about this than I have, but
it seems minimal in a way to me - not complicated by a lot of visible
controls or customization options - but also open to cool features if
they're "free", like that sliding window tab.  I personally would be
sorry to see animations added to the UI.

        Donn