[haiku-development] Re: Minimize button

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:00:32 -0400

I could see having the minimize and a zoom button on the left and the close
button on the right, it would look sort of like MacOS classic. It is a
decent idea worth exploring. I am not saying that it is a good idea, just
that it might not be a terrible one.

There is no point in debating which is a better UI choice from a design
perspective, double click to minimize or having a dedicated button for the
task, it is all just personal preference. I got used to double-click to
minimize, I could get used to a minimize button. Changing the window bar
would be an uphill battle because it is one of the "holy cows" of Haiku that
shall not be altered without great trepidation.

Inertia, I fear, will kill this idea before it ever has a chance.