[haiku-development] Re: Mediaprefs: not able to unmute sound

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:43:22 -0700

2008/5/27  <Info.Be-Hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a quick question:
> I've installed a "fresh" Haiku image onto a "new" laptop I got here. I
> think around may 21th. I think the AC'97 driver is running for audio
> (multi-audio auich).
>
> I hear no sound when playing back audio. When I open up the mediaprefs
> panel I see the master output and "wave" output muted (among others). If I
> uncheck these checkboxes and quit the mediasettings (or restart audio) the
> checkboxes come up muted again.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong here? (would it be fixed by now?)
>
> I've looked at the group attributes for read/write/exec access and these
> look to be OK (from a terminal).
>
> There seems to be one single audio driver running as far as I can see.

FWIW, This has been mentioned "in passing" by some on Trac. I don't
think there's an official bug about it yet, but see the following
links to assure yourself that you're not alone ;)

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1919#comment:15
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2236#comment:7

I know it does *not* happen for me using the auich on two different
machines, so I guess it's not a common issue.

- Urias