[haiku-development] Re: MediaPlayer and BeOS Compatibility

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On 4/27/08, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > If you're wanting to compare media kit capabilities, couldn't you just
> > run R5's media player on both?
>
> Good point :)

Actually, I would very much like to test the MediaPlayer on R5. I have
started a complete rewrite of the playback engine. While I agree a rewrite
to use the layout engine would be nice, the MediaPlayer in particular
already does a good job at layouting and being font sensitive. So the
immediate benefits are not there compared to other apps in the repo, at
least IMHO. So if we could wait with this a little, I would be happy.

Best regards,
-Stephan