[haiku-development] Re: MediaPlayer : Was Dealing with AudioCDs

  • From: "Mathew Schofield" <mr.schofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:46:05 +1100

2008/12/17 Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In the end I think that MediaPlayer should host the TV app as well and
> perhaps a goal would be to have a better media player than VLC so that we
> can be a true media os ;)

I was under the impression that the Be philosophy (and the one Haiku
is trying to
follow) is that a single application should try and accomplish one
task well (E.g. a music
player, or a TV watcher program, or whatever).

To me having a media player that plays DVDs, listens to music, and
watches TV is way
too confusing and actually detracts from the overall desktop experience.

Not to mention if that were the case we could just scrap MediaPlayer
and use VLC entirely...

...Just my 10 cents anyway.

--
Hooroo,