[haiku-development] Re: Mail and E-mail preferences

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:50:07 -0600

> Yeah, adding such a menu will surely trigger some "you're copying
> Apple!" claims, but that will wear off pretty quick. A bigger problem
> with doing anything like that is that it will take ages before 3rd
> party software gets consistent with your standard.

Not necessarily, a good number of the apps that really matter at this
point have source available anyways, so that's not necessarily so
difficult to cope with. I have an app menu like that in Vision already
which just grabs the icon used in the app's resources to represent
itself, that'd be relatively easy to reuse.

Rene