[haiku-development] Re: Mail and E-mail preferences

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 02:14:33 +0100

Rene Gollent wrote (2008-02-19, 23:36:58 [+0100]):
> > Rene (the author of Vision) mentioned earlier in this thread that the
> > code he uses for Vision's icon application menu uses the bitmap icon,
> > not the vector one. So that is why it doesn't look as good. Once the
> > code is updated to use the vector icon (fairly trivial AFAIK), it would
> > look the same as in the Deskbar. Of course this is all assuming the
> > Vision Haiku build uses vector icons, which I think it does.
> >

> The Haiku build only uses a vector icon for the app itself, at the moment
> it's still retrieving the icon used for the app menu the same way as
> before, which is to say the old bitmap icon...if someone has some
> documentation on how to retrieve the vector icon from the resources I'd
> appreciate it :)

No, it is actually retrieving the vector icon already. You just need to
change the bitmap format from B_CMAP8 to B_RGBA32 (which means it will not
work anymore on R5*). And most likely you should switch to alpha drawing
mode when you draw the bitmap.

Best regards,
-Stephan

*) The problem is that the R5 icon retrieval calls don't indicate failure
for B_RGBA32 bitmaps passed in. You just get a white bitmap. A dirty work
arround would be to check for a fully white bitmap and do the call again
with a B_CMAP8 bitmap to please BeOS. Or any other runtime check to see on
which platform you're on and using B_RGBA32 or B_CMAP8 accordingly.