[haiku-development] Re: MacMini status update

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:34:29 -0700

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Alexander von Gluck IV <
kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> The 3 MacMini's i'm hosting that were donated by Mozilla have been
> configured and deployed:
>   http://imgur.com/5en8C4T
>
> I decided to run CoreOS on them to get as close to bare metal as possible.
> We're running two linux Docker containers on each MacMini:
>
> hmini3055
>   - CentOS 7.0
>   - CentOS 7.0
> hmini3235
>   - Ubuntu 14.04
>   - Ubuntu 14.04
> hmini3389
>   - ArchLinux
>   - ArchLinux
>
> I'll need to move them at some point, but for now i'm running them to see
> how they behave.
> If you're interested, the Dockerfiles I created to spin up the buildslaves
> are here:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/kallisti5/haikuosbot-docker
>

> You can check the status of these nodes here:
> http://buildbot.haiku-os.org/buildslaves
>
> (The slaves above are named kallisti5-os01/02)
> There were some errors early on, please ignore those failed builds as they
> should cycle out as commits are made.
>
> I also need to generate an SSH key so the buildslaves can upload the
> resulting images.
>
>  -- Alex

I now have the last 4 mac minis and would like to set three of them up as
buildbots, perhaps building packages using haikuporter.  They will boot and
run haiku via usb stick but I wan't able to install haiku on the harddrive
and get it to boot.  I was able to format and partition the harddrive and
put the haikuports tree on it and run haiku booted off the usb stick.  This
gives I think about 200GB to work with on the harddrive for building
packages.  I haven't tried buildbot before so not sure what or how to get
it to work or if it even runs on haiku.  Am I heading down the wrong path?
 Should I just install a different OS on the harddrive?

I plan to use the forth mac mini so that I can run haiku on bare metal and
use it as a dev box for writing and testing new haikuports recipes and
such.  Can anyone who's got a buildbot up and running let me know the steps
to follow to get this up and running?

-scott