[haiku-development] Re: MIME types.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:55:16 -0300

Stephan Assmus wrote:
I think 2 is nicer, but if you have only a single file type in the folder
(should be very common), then I believe switching automatically to 1 will be
more convenient.

I implemented 2 and it is working. I agree that maybe switching to 1 in cases like the people folder is a better idea as, right now, it looks like:

Application -> Person -> Attributes which is kinda weird as Person is the only entry there.

I will do this.

BTW, I didn't get a chance yet to reply to your original mail, but I like both
suggestions very much. I remember talking about the attribute inheritance with Axel a
couple weeks ago, it would definitely be immediately useful and a great "comming to
maturity" of this BeOS feature through Haiku. :-) Putting it into Tracker is also
what I believe is best.

It is there. :) As I said, we just need a mime database cleanup. I will do this with the supertypes at least.

-Bruno