[haiku-development] Re: M2ts format media files, any support for these coming ?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 03:35:28 +0200

Le 27/10/2011 01:21, Sean Collins a écrit :
> Haiku has great media file support for the most part, but I noticed
> recently the M2ts format is missing. Any word on when/if such support
> may appear ? is M2ts patent encumbered ?

You mean MPEG2 Transport Stream ?
I'm quite sure ffmpeg supports this in libavformat (though I'm having a
hard time using ffmpeg to split ts files recorded from my DSL modem but
well).

Maybe it just needs some sniffing rule.

Did you try to drop a file on to Media Player ?

VLC should play it just fine too.

François.