[haiku-development] Re: Lua bindings for the Haiku API - Volunteers?

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:31:42 -0800 (PST)

Quoth Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>,

> This is an excellent idea! You don't happen to have done some of this
> work already have you?

Well, after a fashion.  Kind of worked it out as I went along, so it
isn't the most elegant thing ever.  And like I said, unless you're
unusually well acquainted with the API. there's a lot of guess work.
I'm not.

> In addition I wonder if these descriptions could maybe also
> be used for some automated testing...

Now that's what I'm talking about.  I mean ideally, this should be
coupled with the source somehow for mutually beneficial cross-checking.
Same principle as the C++ .h files.  Could be useful for documentation,
too.

        Donn