[haiku-development] Re: Looking for a task

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 22:22:34 +0100

Hi, welcome on board!

A good first step is following the guides at
http://www.haiku-os.org/guides to checkout the source and build Haiku
yourself.

Then, you can have a look at the bugtracker (http://dev.haiku-os.org),
and in particular the "easy tasks" list
(https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/EasyTasks). Or if nothing in this list
interests you, just start working on something else. You can query the
bug tracker by 'components', which is a good way to find tickets you may
be able to work on depending on your skillset.

You can get help here on the mailing list, or in the IRC channel.

We are very strict about following the coding guidelines here:
https://www.haiku-os.org/development/coding-guidelines . Be prepared for
your patches to be reviewed against this, and discussed and analyzed in
various other ways, before they are applied. Don't hesitate to ask for
feedback early.

--
Adrien.

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 06:40:48PM +0100, Jacek Andrzejewski wrote:

Hello,
My name is Jacek Andrzejewski.
I would like to join the Haiku development and looking for a simple task to
begin with.

According to Getting started from haiku-os.org I want to give you some
information:

What are your skills?
C++ developer with 5 years of commercial experience on Linux and Windows.

How many hour per week do you want to work?
About 4 hours / week.

Do you have experience with special development areas?
Human Machine Interface for industrial applications,
communication on various protocols - TCP, UDP, field bus (CAN, CANopen,
MVB, serial, etc.)

Is there some specific area you want to work on?
No...

I hope you will find something for me... :)