[haiku-development] Re: Localizing CLI apps

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 19:36:49 +0100

Translating the help message is ok, but not the output of the command
as that makes it less easy to use in a script.
Besides that :
-If the app is written in C++, you can translate it almost like a
regular app, except you can't ask the locale kit to find the right
catalog from your mime signature if you don't have one. Look at
cpufrequency's replicant to see how to do that, for example.
-If it's C or any other language, then I'll (or someone else) have to
write a C wrapper for the locale kit. I was thinking of using
gettext-like syntax so you can port cli apps with their original
localization scheme.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr