[haiku-development] Re: Localization of file names?

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:05:13 +0100

2010/2/28 François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:
> I've been forced to use OSX for some months now, and I'm getting really
> pissed off by all those translated names. It just doesn't sound right.

Indeed. Since Vista / Server 2003, Microsoft does the same, and it's
simply insane.
Windows explorer shows the translated name, but trying to save a file
(i.e. from notepad) directly writing the full path (i.e.:
c:\programmi\blah) results in: "path not found", since the real path
is the untranslated name.
And worse, having an english windows 2003 server access remotely an
Italian windows xp shows the folder translated in english, even if on
disk they are stored
in italian. Baaah!