[haiku-development] Linking a static library to the Haiku kernel

Hi,

Is there an easy way to link a static library to the kernel using some jam rules ?

I would like to help improving the Haiku port to the raspberry pi, but my ARM hardware knowledge is almost non existent.

While thinking about what i could do to help, i came with the idea to use Chadderz's Simple USB Driver in the kernel debugger (https://github.com/Chadderz121/csud) to bring early keyboard support on the raspberry pi. This simple and minimalist USB stack was designed to bring some basic USB support for bare metal coding on the Pi. It can be compiled as a standalone static library with a simple interface.

Example of usage is described here : http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/raspberrypi/tutorials/os/

Another option would be to integrate the source code in our jamfiles. But it seems it would need lots of modifications in order to avoid compiler warnings and errors using default Haiku options. It also means complex merge in order to update the code.

Do you think it would be a useful addition to help the port in the future ?

Olivier