[haiku-development] Re: Limits of Tracker's Undo/Redo Feature

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:54:26 +0200 CEST

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me about the limits of Trackers undo/redo feature?
> Like, how deep is the undo-buffer?

As deep as your memory. It just sits there and eat all memory if you
let it.

> Are there limitations on the kind of actions that can
> be undone?

Sure, files that really got deleted are gone, and the undo feature
cannot help you there.
Other than that, I guess changing attributes or permissions is probably
not tracked, as it doesn't go through the normal FS-engine.

> I tried some things, and appart from redoing duplicating files (see
> ticket #2883) it seems
> to work very well; copying, moving, deleting, renaming... all good.
>
> Great feature nobody knows about. :)

Undo/redo feels a bit insane in a file manager IMO, but it might be
helpful from time to time :-)
It's just not that visible because there just is no space left in the
menu. Reorganizing that menu didn't receive much love when I tried it
the last time (though I didn't push hard).

Bye,
   Axel.