[haiku-development] Re: Let's become root! [ was: Re: Berlios? ]

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 14:03:39 -0700

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Joseph
Prostko<joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Oliver Tappe<zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> One administrative question that came to my mind is: how difficult would it
>> be for haiku inc. to pay the hosting bills regularly if those are in EUR?
>
> Does Haiku, Inc. have any kind of credit accounts?  I see that Visa
> and Mastercard are accepted at Hetzner.  In this case, the currency

Haiku, Inc. certainly *should* be in charge of maintaining the account
and paying the fees (after all, what else would it be designed to do?
:)

As it is, Haiku, Inc. is currently paying for current hosting of
dev.haiku-os.org and www.haiku-os.org.

As for making the payments, don't fret over that - I'm certain
something can be worked out (even if it means reimbursing an
individual).

What will be more important, is keeping the community up-to-date
regularly on what the Haiku, Inc. funds and budget are at any given
time. We'll probably be working on this aspect soon I suspect. I have
to assume the expense will increase somewhat substantially with a full
server running virtual machines.

- Urias