[haiku-development] Re: Layout and events

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 03:44:06 -0500

On 9/15/2015 02:47, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but you are mixing layout and non layout aware code here -- there resizing mode has no meaning in layout code, and will be ignored (if it's being resized in the app_server, that would be a bug, too).
The parent layout is responsible for resizing your component.

Bye,
Axel.

Mixing the two should be perfectly acceptable, IMHO. If I want to respond to frame events with a view added to a layout, I should absolutely be able to do so.

It's really only a minor gripe, but it was frustrating trying to figure out that I needed to pass an invalid BRect to the view constructor to get the frame events back.

However, the Bounds() and Frame() disconnect from the app_server is what is most confusing. The client state and server state are only synchronized by the action of the layout when using the layout constructor - or so it would seem. I'm not entirely certain how that works, but I suppose I'll dig into that later, for now I know I need to completely ignore all layout stuff since it will not be useful for my current projects.

Thanks for the quick reply,

--The loon