[haiku-development] Re: LLVM status

  • From: Patrick Kelly <kameo76890@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:05:07 -0500

On Nov 12, 2009, at 9:41, "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:26:30 -0500
Von: Patrick Kelly <kameo76890@xxxxxxxxx>

On Nov 12, 2009, at 9:24, PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If that's the case, could someone estimate the relative abundance
of C
vs. C++ code in the whole system?

More than 50% C++. Only the lernel has some C in it where needed.

Way more than 50% it's Almost entirely C++. Like you said, only where
needed.

It depends on the definition of "whole system". If you count like Ohloh does (not sure if it includes the buildtools module), it's mostly C:

http://www.ohloh.net/p/haiku/analyses/latest

Most of the code that stems from third parties (which is the majority of overall code) is C anyway.
Confusion on my part, I thought that was about LLVM.

CU, Ingo