[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:31:31 -0400

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:12 AM, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is certainly a good question for a FAQ.  But part of the answer
> needs to include the fact that it is configurable so if you want to
> use CTRL then change it.

Yes. But since alt is the default then the list of keyboard shortcuts
must reflect that fact. In other words, the FAQ should say alt-c is
copy, alt x is cut, etc and not the abstract "command"-c, "command"-x,
etc.
There's a reason for alt as default and just because it is
configurable as a courtesy, doesn't mean we have to make the list more
complicated.