[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 03:32:28 +0200

John Scipione wrote:
Alt mode by default. Here is the problem with ctrl mode, the terminal
uses special control characters such as ctrl-c and ctrl-z for stop and
suspend. Of course in control mode ctrl-c is used to copy and ctrl-z
is used for undo. So what do you do if you want to copy from the
terminal? In alt mode there isn't a problem. alt-c and alt-z are
available.

Good point, this is the only advantage IMO. I wonder if we could find a compromise.

Regards,
Alex