[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:01:04 +0200 CEST

Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi! I've noticed that with my keymap (french), the right command key
> and
> right option key are switched compared to the us keymap (japanese and
> uk
> too).
> I've got RCommand = 0x60 and ROption = 0x5f.
> Almost all keymaps are like this.

IIRC most keymaps came from a public domain pool - maybe that one was
just so old that BeOS did not have the feature to switch the keys.

> The problem is that the check in menu preflet fails (since those
> values
> are hardcoded there too) and says i'm in Ctrl mode although i'm in
> Alt
> mode. Selecting Alt again rewrites these hardcoded values so that
> following runs are fine.
> See src/data/etc/keymaps and src/preferences/menu/MenuSettings.cpp
>
> Is there any reason behind this variation?

I doubt that there is any particular reason other than trying to change
the defaults (ie. switch control/alt for the user). I would just fix
all those keymaps; if you don't want to do this, opening a bug report
would be a solution for now :-)

Bye,
   Axel.