[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

On 11/17/2011 06:04 PM, John Scipione wrote:
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I don't particularly like it, therefore, but I'm a fan of having text instead of
images in the UI anyway - why use a hard to decipher icon (you'd have to
learn what they mean) when there is a simple 4 letter word that makes
everything clear?
Because the 3 or 4 letter abbreviations aren't localized.

Sure, but we could easily localize them - we aren't restricted to any particular size, anyway, even though it should be short if possible (or an abbreviation if needed).

Bye,
   Axel.