[haiku-development] Re: Key roles vs. key label in menus

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:55:57 +0100

If we are going with symbols, I think OPT is the only really hard one:

SHIFT is obviously a white upward arrow.
CTRL is quite commonly written as caret.
CMD is represented as a diamond on many keyboards (inspired by Sun).
OPT is always labelled Alt or Option, only Apple has a symbol for this.

Apple's option symbol is quite logical, though, when you think about it.
I also just learned that the Apple II had "closed apple" and "open apple"
keys, i.e. filled and not filled logo.

-Truls