[haiku-development] Re: Joysticks in Haiku

  • From: Enrique Medina Gremaldos <quiqueiii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:46:19 +0100

Hi Carwyn!

>if(deviceDescriptor->vendor_id != 0x0428) return NULL

This hack is already done to avoid wacom tablets being caught by usb_hid.
Back in the day I was tempted to do in this way, but they encourage me to do
it usb hid compliant.

>but the problem is how to detect
>what type of device is connected

From what I understood, there is no way to determine that ,most non-wacom
tablets fail with Linux because are caught by mouse driver, so It seems we
are not the only ones facing this problem. I think you can't do anything but
guess. Tablets share also lots of generic reports as x,y axis, buttons or
keys!

I'm gonna upload tablet driver as a patch (last night solved some bugs),
hope to do it this night (GMT+1). Any tablet out there ready for testing ?
:D