[haiku-development] Re: JFYI: Rewriting usb_audio to multi-audio API started.

Siarzhuk Zharski schrieb:
Hi François!

François Revol wrote:
You can also enable and fix the legacy addon so you can use it directly.
We still have 2 or 3 driver that uses the old API.
There are sis7018, usb_audio and cmedia drivers using R3 sound API in Haiku project tree at the moment. The first one I have already converted to multi-audio. Just some customization and code refactoring needed before putting it back. usb_audio looks like not a full featured and primitive. I never heard somebody force it working under BeOS. Anyway I found the support of this class of USB devices very significant to put some effort on writing the discussed driver in modern style. If all goes well - we will have only cmedia driver using legacy API.

And C-Media is handled very well by OSS. I have such a card and used it with OSS a lot.

Best regards,
-Stephan