[haiku-development] Re: Is the "poke" driver supposed to be private?

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:34:26 +0100

Axel Dörfler:
Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
I just did some ISA-I/O experiments and found that poke.h semms to be seriously private; trying to include it with <poke.h> fails (Rev. 29155). Is this supposed to be
this way, or just an oversight?

This is supposed to be this way. The poke driver is only to be used with the "poke" application that is obviously not yet included with Haiku - it's also not meant to be part of a distribution; it should only be installed when writing drivers, in case you need it for this, that is.

I see. Improved security in order to make my life miserable. ;-) I guess there
will be no easy way to directly do hardware accesses anymore, and that any
application which requires this will need to install its own driver(s), correct?

Christian